Below is a manually curated list of meetings relevant to quantitative gene regulation, specifically focused on chromatin biophysics and epigenetics. Feel free to advertise your events. Complementary manually curated lists of conferences are available at the web sites of Abcam and epigenie (chromatin and epigenetics), Australian Epigenetics Alliance, Ulrich Schwarz (soft matter & biological physics), Paul Knoepfler (stem cells & regenerative medicine), the Node (developmental biology) and London RNA Club. For more general conference lists see EMBL Conferences and Events, FEBS Conference calendar, Keystone Symposia, Gordon Research Conferences and CSHL Meetings. We also maintain a separate list of funders providing conference travel grants. Please feel free to contact us to add your events to our database.
- “Fluctuations, Landscapes and Statistical Mechanics of Biological Heterogeneity”, Stochastic Physics in Biology, Gordon Research Conference. Ventura, CA, USA. January 6 – 11, 2019. Underrepresented Minority Fellowships available. Application deadline: December 9, 2018.
- Advances at the interface between metabolism and epigenetics, Cambridge, UK. January 16-17, 2019. Registration deadline: January 8, 2019.
- “Systems Biology” and “Cancer Systems Biology” intensive courses, Center for Complex Biological Systems, University of California, Irvine. January 21-Feb 8, 2019. Applications are considered on a rolling basis; felowships for U.S. citizens and permanent residents.
- Statistical Methods for Post Genomic Data (SMPGD), Annual Workshop, Center for Genomic Reguation (CRG), Barcelona. 31 January – 1 February 2019. Registrations deadline: January 14, 2019.
- 1st Crick-Beddington Developmental Biology Symposium, The Francis Crick Institute, London, 4-5 February 2019.
- Physical Genomics and Transcriptional Engineering, Telluride Science Research Center, Telluride, CO, USA. February 2, 2019 – March 1, 2019. Registration deadline: 25 January, 2019.
- Multiscale Modeling from Macromolecules to Cell: Opportunities and Challenges of Biomolecular Simulations. CECAM-HQ-EPFL, Lausanne, Switzerland. February 4-6, 2019.
- Lorne Genome Conference 2019. Lorne, Australia, Fenruary 17-21, 2019. Abstract deadline: 11 January 2019.
- Emerging Concepts in Chromosome Biology. March 6-8, 2019, IMP, Vienna, Austria. Free registration.
- Epigenetics and Human Disease, Keystone Symposia, March 17—21, 2019. Fairmont Banff Springs, Banff, Alberta, Canada.
- 3D Genome: Gene Regulation and Diseas, Keystone Symposia. March 17-21, 2019, Fairmont Banff Springs, Banff, Alberta, Canada. Scholarship Deadline: Nov 15, 2018; Abstract Deadline: Dec 12, 2018.
- Multiscale Modeling of Chromatin: Bridging Experiment with Theory, Les Houches, France, March 31 – April 5, 2019. Abstract deadline: December 1, 2018.
- Chromatin and Epigenetics: Inheritance and Design, Helmholtz Zentrum München, Munich, Germany, April 1-3, 2019. Talk abstracts deadline: November 19, 2018; Poster abstracts deadline: January 25, 2019.
- Joint Summer School “Epigenetics in Single Cells”, April 3-10, 2019. Joint venue between Berlin and London (3-6 April 2019 in MDC, Berlin, and 8-10 April 2019 in MRC London Institute of Medical Sciences, London). Application deadline: 15 February 2019.
- Cancer Genetics and Epigenetics, Gordon Research Conference. Lucca (Barga), Italy. April 7-12, 2019. Application deadline: March 10, 2019.
- EMBO Practical Course: The 2019 whole-cell modeling summer school. CRG Barcelona. April 7-13, 2019. Application deadline: January 13, 2019.
- 9th CNAG Symposium on Genome Research: 3DGenomics. 11 April 2019, Barselona.
- 31st Annual RNA Polymerase Workshop, Oxford, UK. April 11-12, 2019.
- Chromatin-based regulation of development, Wiston House, UK. 14-17 April 2019. Fellowships available. Application deadline: 21 December 2018.
- Chromatin and Epigenetics, EMBO Workshop, EMBL Heidelberg, Germany, 1 – 4 May 2019. Abstract deadline: 13 Feb 2019. Fellowships available.
- RNA in epigenetic and chromatin regulation, Institut Pasteur, May 6, 2019. Talk abstract and early bird registration deadline: February 11, 2019.
- Evolution and core processes in gene expression, May 9–12, 2019, Michigan State University, Lansing, MI, USA. Oral programming abstract submission deadline: February 26, 2019.
- Crossroads between transposons and gene regulation, The Royal Society, London. May 13-14, 2019. Free registration.
- “Awakening of the genome: The maternal-to-zygotic transition”, EMBO Workshop. May 15-18, 2019. Prague, Czech Republic. Abstract deadline: 28 February 2019.
- The Genome in Three Dimensions, EMBO Workshop, Kyllini, Greece. 20–24 May 2019. Fellowships available.
- DNA and RNA Transactions at Atomic to Organismal Scale, Gordon Research Conference. Newry, ME, USA. June 2-7, 2019. Application deadlne: May 5, 2019.
- François Jacob Conference: Evolution, Structure and Function of Chromosomes High Order Structure. Paris, France. June 4-7, 2019. Abstract deadline: March 31, 2019.
- Algorithms and Models for Single-Cell Genomics, UC Irvine, USA, June 6-7, 2019. Free registration.
- 6th European Workshop on Plant Chromatin, Cologne, Germany. June 13-14, 2019. Abstract deadline: March 31, 2019.
- Identity and Diversity: Developmental Biology from Molecules to Cells to Organisms. Gordon Research Conference. June 16 – 21, 2019. Application deadline: May 19, 2019.
- Functions of Epitranscriptome, The University of Chicago, Chicago, Illinois, USA. 17-18 June, 2019. Registration deadline: May 1, 2019.
- Advances in Biomedical Research II, Split, Croatia, June 17-21, 2019.
- 4th EACR Conference on Cancer Genomics Cambridge, UK. June 23-26, 2019. Bursary application and abstract deadline: 19 April 2019
- Mobile DNA Conference: 25 Years of Discussion and Research, June 23-28, 2019. Palm Springs, California. Registration deadline: June 1, 2019.
- Chromosome Dynamics: Genetic, Molecular and Physical Views of Genomes and their Organizational Principles, Gordon Research Conference, Newry, ME, USA, June 23 – 28, 201. Application deadline: May 26, 2019.
- Boulder Summer School of Theoretical Biophysics, Boulder, Colorado, USA. July 8-26, 2019. Fellowships for graduate students and postdocs from US universities.
- ISMB/ECCB 2019, Basel, Switzerland, July 21 – 25, 2019. Includes “Regulatory and Systems Genomics #RegSys” meeting, Basel, July 22-23, 2019. Abstract submission by April 11, 2019
- Chromatin, Epigenetics and Gene Expression, CSHL Course, July 23 – August 11, 2019. Application Deadline: April 1, 2019
- CECAM workshop “High density DNA arrays: models, theories and multiscale simulations”, July 24-26, 2019 in Ljubljana, Slovenia
- Microbial Transcription from Atomic Resolution to Cellular Landscapes, Gordon Research Conference. Lewiston, ME, USA. July 28 – August 2, 2019. Diversity fellowships. available. Application deadline: June 30, 2019.
- Chromatin and Epigenetic Regulation of Transcription, the 38th Summer Symposium in Molecular Biology, The HUB Robeson Center at the Pennsylvania State University, USA. July 30 – August 2, 2019.
- The Eukaryotic Genome in 4 Dimensions: Integrative Approaches to Bridging Genotype and Phenotype, Gordon Research Conference, The Hong Kong University of Science and Technology, Kowloon Hong Kong, August 4 – 9, 2019. Abstract deadline: July 7, 2019.
- Physical Biology of the Cell, advanced research training course, MBL, Chicago, USA. August 4-25, 2019. Application deadline: April 17, 2019.
- FEBS Advanced Lecture Course, Epigenomics, Nuclear Receptors and Disease. 25–30 August 2019, Spetses Island, Greece. Application deadline: 6 May 2019. Travel grants available.
- Mechanisms of Eukaryotic Transcription, Cold Spring Harbor Meeting, August 27-September 01, 2019, Abstract Deadline: June 7, 2019
- Chromatin Signatures During Differentiation: Integrated Omics Approaches to Neuronal Development, EMBL Course, EMBL Heidelberg, Germany. September 2-6, 2019. Fellowships available.
- Genome Editing using CRISPR, Humboldt-Universität zu Berlin, Germany. September 4-6, 2019. Abstract deadline: July 15, 2019.
- 5th TRR81 Symposium “Chromatin Changes in Differentiation and Malignancies”. Bad Nauheim, Germany, September 9-11, 2019 . Free registration.
- [BC]2 Basel Computational Biology Conference, 9-12 September 2019, Basel. Workshops proposals deadline: February 12, 2019.
- Genetics and Epigenetics of Leukaemia and Lymphoma, Josep Carreras Leukaemia Research Institute (IJC), Barcelona, Spain. September 19-20, 2019. More info here. Information will be updated later.
- Eukaryotic Gene Regulation & Functional Genomics. Puerto Varas, Chile, September 30 – October 1, 2019. Fellowships available.
- Histone chaperones: Structure, function and role in development and disease, Crete, Greece. 6–10 October 2019.
- Cell Physics 2019, The Saarland University, Saarbrücken, Germany, October 9-11, 2019.
- The Non-Coding Genome, EMBL Heidelberg, Germany, October 16-19, 2019.
- Epigenomic Data Analysis, Course for researchers and technical workers. 21-25 October 2019, Berlin. Registration deadline: September 20, 2019.
- Chromosome Territories & Nuclear Architecture, devoted to the 75th birthday of Christoph Cremer. IMB Mainz, Germany, 30 October – 1 November 2019.
- Cancer Genomics, EMBL Heidelberg, Germany, November 4-6, 2019. Abstract deadline: August 26, 2019
- The 6th Canadian Conference on Epigenetics, November 17-20, 2019. Rimrock Resort, Banff, AB, Canada.
- Metabolism Meets Epigenetics, EMBL Heidelberg, November 20-23, 2019. Abstract deadline: 28 Aug 2019.