Due to the COVID-19 pandemic many scientific events go online, indicated below as [virtual meeting], some events are [postponed/rescheduled], and some are [cancelled], as listed below. Please also see our separate page listing Zoom webinars.
Below is a manually curated list of meetings relevant to quantitative gene regulation, specifically focused on chromatin biophysics and epigenetics. Feel free to advertise your events. Complementary manually curated lists of conferences are available at the web sites of Abcam and epigenie (chromatin and epigenetics), Australian Epigenetics Alliance, Ulrich Schwarz (soft matter & biological physics), Paul Knoepfler (stem cells & regenerative medicine), the Node (developmental biology) and London RNA Club. For more general conference lists see EMBL Conferences and Events, FEBS Conference calendar, Keystone Symposia, Gordon Research Conferences and CSHL Meetings. We also maintain a separate list of funders providing conference travel grants. Please feel free to contact us to add your events to our database.
- “Gene Regulation: From Mechanisms to Disease”, joint with “Cancer Epigenetics: New Mechanisms and Therapeutic Opportunities”, January 26-30, 2020, Keystone Resort, Keystone, Colorado, USA. Abstract Deadline: October 29, 2019
- “Seeing and decoding nuclear function and structure”, January 27-28, 2020, Center for Genomic Regulation (CRG), Barcelona. Abstract deadline: 20th December 2019.
- Symposium on Networks and Machine Learning in Biology, February 2, 2020, The Crick Institute, London, UK. Free registration (sold out).
- Single Molecule Biophysics, February 2-7, 2020, Les Houches, France. Abstract deadline: September 27, 2019
- Emerging Themes In (Epi-)Genome Architecture and Function,King Abdullah University of Science and Technology (KAUST), Thuwal, Saudi Arabia. February 4-6, 2020.
- Cancer Genomes: Methods and Challenges for the Next Decade, February 12, 2020, UCL, London, UK. Free registration. Abstract deadline: February 28, 2020.
- Evolutionary Systems Biology 12 – 14 February 2020 Wellcome Genome Campus, UK. Bursary deadline: 19 November 2019.
- 2nd Epigenetics Conference: From Mechanisms to Disease, 28 February – 2 March 2020, Nassau, Bahamas. Talk submission deadline: November 8, 2019. Poster submission deadline: December 2019
- [Virtual meeting – registration $200] “Systems Biology: Global Regulation of Gene Expression”, SCHL conference, Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory, USA, March 10 – 14, 2020. Abstract Deadline: January 3, 2020.
- “Genomic Regulation 2020: Focus on Cancer”, March 12-15, 2020, Haute-Nendaz, Switzerland.
- [Cancelled] Higher-Order Chromatin Architecture in Time and Space, Keystone Symposium, March 15-19, 2020, Whistler Conference Centre, Whistler, British Columbia, Canada. Scholarship Deadline: November 12, 2019.
- [Rescheduled to March 8-11, 2021] “Chromatin Modeling: Integrating Mathematics, Physics, and Computation for Advances in Biology and Medicine”, Erwin Schrödinger International Institute for Mathematics and Physics (ESI) of the University of Vienna. The whole program runs during March 2-27, 2020, and includes a conference during March 16-20, 2020.
- The 2nd HMGU-Japan Mini Symposium “Epigenetics and Chromatin Potential”, March 27-28, 2020, Tokyo, Japan. Registration deadline: February 24, 2020.
- [Virtual meeting – registration €100] The four-dimensional genome, EMBL Symposium, 29 March–1 April 2020, Heidelberg. Abstract deadline: 30 January 2020.
- [Postponed] Interdisciplinary School 3DGenomics 2020: From experiments to models and back, Aussois, French Alps, France, March 29 – April 3, 2020. Abstract deadline: February 3, 2020. Bursaries are available from the International Nucleome Consortium (inc-cost.eu).
- [Postponed] 4th Oslo Epigenetics Symposium, April 16-17, 2020. University of Oslo, Norway. Registration deadline: 31.03.2020
- [Cancelled] Genome Instability and Human Disease, International Course, Institute Curie, Paris, France, April 20-24. No registration fees. Registration deadline: March 15, 2020.
- [Virtual meeting – free registration] TAGC 2020, Annual Meeting of the Genetics Society of America, April 22–25, 2020, virtual.
- [Cancelled] Developmental Cell Biology, April 22-25, 2020, Stowers Institute, Kansas City, USA. Abstract deadline: January 17, 2020.
- International Congress on Transposable Elements, April 25-28, 2020, Saint-Malo, France. Abstract deadline: March 4, 2020. Bursaries available for 8 PhD students & postdocs.
- [Virtual meeting – free registration] Annual Meeting of the American Association for Cancer Research (AACR), April 27-28, 2020.
- [Virtual meeting – registration $200] Genome Organization & Nuclear Function, Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory, NY, USA, April 28 – May 2, 2020. Abstract Deadline: February 7, 2020
- [Cancelled] Epigenetic Pathways and Human Disease, 30 April – 3 May, 2020, Chania, Crete. Registration Deadline: March 6, 2020.
- [Cancelled] Mechanisms of Recombination, Wellcome Genome Campus, Cambridge, UK. April 29 – May 3, 2020. Talk abstract and early bird registration: January 31, 2020.
- [Postponed] Machines on Genes, FEBS and Harden Conference, May 3-7, 2020. Alicante, Spain. Abstract deadline: March 2, 2020.
- [Cancelled] British Meiosis Meeting 2020, University of Leicester, UK. May 4-5, 2020. Registration deadline: April 30, 2020.
- [Postponed] RECOMB Satellite Workshop on Computational Cancer Biology (part of RECOMB-CCB2020), May 8-9, 2020, Padova, Italy. (The main RECOMB event is from May 8-13, 2020). Papers submission deadline: February 17, 2020. Posters submission deadline: March 2, 2020. Travel fellowships available here.
- [Postponed] Low Input Epigenomics, Advanced Course, May 12-20, 2020, Wellcome Genome Campus, UK. Bursaries available (50% registration fee). Application deadline: January 30, 2020.
- [Rescheduled to December 6-10, 2020] Chromatin dynamics and nuclear organization in genome maintenance, EMBO Workshop, 24–28 May 2020, Leiden. Abstract deadline: March 2, 2020.
- [Rescheduled to May 3-6, 2021] Enhanceropathies: Understanding enhancer function to understand human disease, EMBO Workshop, 25–28 May 2020, Santander, Spain. Abstract deadline: March 20, 2020.
- [Cancelled] “Chromatin Modifications, RNA and Metabolism”, Chromatin Structure and Function series, Gordon Research Conference, May 31 – June 5, 2020. Application deadline: May 3, 2020.
- [Rescheduled to July 4-8, 2021] Protein-DNA Interactions: from Biophysics to Cell Biology, June 1-5, 2020, Weizmann Institute of Science, Israel. Abstract deadline: February 1, 2020.
- [Virtual seminar series, April-July 2020, free registration] “Meiosis in Quarantine” webinar series will run every Thursday 10 am (Pacific time). There will be 4 speakers per session, with 15 minutes per talk and 10 minutes for questions and answers. This series is currently scheduled until July 2, 2020.This seminar series replaces the Meiosis Gordon Research Conference that was initially supposed to happen June -12, 2020.
- [Rescheduled to October 25-27, 2021] The evolution of animal genomes, EMBO workshop. June 8-10, 2020, Granada, Spain.
- [Postponed] Single-cell proteomics, June 8 – 10, 2020, Boston, USA. Student scholarships available, application deadline April 15, 2010.
- [Postponed] Physics of living systems: From molecules to tissues, EMBO workshop, 8–12 June 2020, Dresden, Germany. Registration deadline: February 29, 2020. Travel grants available.
- [Postponed] Gene transcription in yeast: From single molecules to phase separation, Sant Feliu de Guixols, Spain, June 13-18, 2020. Registration and abstract deadline: April 15, 2020.
- [Cancelled] The Genome Engineering Conference: Cutting-edge Research and Applications, June 14th – June 18th, 2020, Lisbon Marriott Hotel, Lisbon, Portugal. Abstract deadline: May 14th, 2020.
- [Virtual meeting] Biological Physics of Chromosomes, The Kavli Institute for Theoretical Physics in Santa Barbara, June 15 – July 17, 2020.
- [Cancelled] The Dynamic DNA Structures in Biology Conference, June 7th – June 12th, 2020, Oak Island Resort & Conference Center, Nova Scotia, Canada. Abstract deadline: May 7th, 2020.
- [Virtual meeting, free registration] RECOMB 2020, 24th International Conference on Research in Computational Biology, June 22-25, 2020.
- [Cancelled] Data Driven Discovery in High-Throughput Biology, Aspen Center for Physics, Aspen, CO, USA. June 21 – July 12
- [Cancelled] The Biological Methylation Conference: Fundamental Mechanism in Human Health, June 21-26, 2020, Four Points by Sheraton Catania Hotel & Conference Center, Catania, Italy. Abstract deadline: May 21st, 2020.
- [Postponed] The Functions of Alternative Splicing, June 22-23, 2020, Paris, Île-de-France. Free registration. Registration deadline: March 31, 2020. Oral talks deadline: March 20, 2020.
- DNA Damage Responses and Cancer: Innovations from Radiobiology to Radiotherapy. Cambridge, UK, July 7-9, 2020. Bursary application deadline: 27 January 2020. [Rescheduled from the previous date in March’2020]
- [Cancelled] The RNA Associated Mechanisms Conference: In Immunity and Disease, July 12th – July 17th, 2020, The Grand Hotel, Malahide, Ireland. Abstract deadline: June 11th, 2020.
- [Virtual meeting] Regulatory & Systems Genomics – RegSys, part of the ISMB 2020 conference Intelligent Systems for Molecular Biology, July 13-16, 2020 (virtual conference). Abstract deadline 16th April, 2020.
- [Cancelled] The Post-transcriptional Control of Gene Expression Conference: Mechanisms of RNA Decay, July 19-24, 2020, West Palm Beach Marriott, West Palm Beach, Florida, USA. Abstract deadline: June 18, 2020.
- [Virtual meeting] The 2020 q-bio Conference and Summer School, July 20-31, 2020, University of Maryland, College Park, MD, USA. Application deadline: February 29, 2020.
- [Cancelled] The Nuclear Bodies Conference: Hubs of Genomic Activity, July 26th – July 30th, 2020, Oak Island Resort & Conference Center, Nova Scotia, Canada. Abstract deadline: June 9th, 2020.
- Mathematical Models in Biology: from Information Theory to Thermodynamics, Banff International Research Station, Canada. July 26-31, 2020.
- [Cancelled] Evolution, Structure, Regulation and Function of Centromeres in Health and Disease. Gordon Research Conference. July 26-31, 2020, West Dover, VT, USA. Application deadline: June 28, 2020.
- Transcription and Chromatin, EMBL conference, EMBL Heidelberg, Germany. 29 August – 1 September 2020.
- 19th European Conference on Computational Biology, #ECCB2020. September 5-9, 2020, Sitges – Barcelona, Spain. Proceedings and highlights paper submission by March 26, 2020. Application for travel fellowship by May 28, 2020.
- Genome Organisation Australia 2020, 11 September 2020, Melbourne, Victoria, Australia. Abstract deadline: July 10, 2020.
- [Rescheduled to August 29-September 1, 2021] Chromatin structure, organization and dynamics, EMBO Workshop, 12–16 September 2020, Prague, Czech Republic
- [Virtual meeting, free registration] Environmental Genomics: Mechanisms & Approaches for Genomic Integrity, The EMGS Virtual Meeting, September 12-16, 2020. Abstract deadline: May 31, 2020.
- Epigenetics & Chromatin, SCHL Meeting, Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory, USA, September 14 – 18, 2020. Abstract Deadline: June 26, 2020
- Systems Approaches in Cancer, EMBO workshop, September 21-25, 2020, Split, Croatia. Registration deadline: August 15, 2020. Travel grants available.
- [Rescheduled to September 22-24, 2021] Physiology and functions of histone variants, EMBO Workshop, 23–25 September 2020, Badalona, Spain.
- [Virtual meeting, free registration] Physics of Living Matter, October 1-2, 2020. Abstract deadline: September 21, 2020. Free registration.
- Transcriptional Regulation: Chromatin and RNA Polymerase II. October 1-5, 2020, Snowbird, Utah. Abstract deadline: July 31, 2020.
- Cell State Transitions: Approaches, Experimental Systems and Models. October 18-21, 2020, Wiston House, UK. Bursaries available, application deadline: May 22, 2020.
- Systems Biology of Gene Regulation and Genome Editing, Suzhou, China, October 19-23, 2020. Abstract deadline: August 7, 2020.
- Systems Approaches to Cancer Biology, November 11-14, 2020, Marine Biological Laboratory, Woods Hole, MA, USA.
- From Functional Genomics to Systems Biology, EMBL conference, EMBL Heidelberg, Germany. 15 – 18 Nov 2020.
- Epigenetics 2020, Melbourne, Australia, November 20-22, 2020.