Gradate programs in the area of gene regulation, UK-focused
All items included in this list are normally fully funded (that is, the student does not have to pay if accepted to one of these programs). This is the list of programs where you select one of existing projects. We also maintain a complementary list of undergraduate and graduate fellowships and placements — it is maintained at a separate page. Both these lists are UK-focused, but sometimes we include other European destinations as well. Please submit your additional suggestions by email.
PhD programs ordered by the upcoming application deadlines:
- The Crick Institute, London. Deadline: 13th November 2019
- Vienna BioCenter PhD program. Deadline: 15th November
- London Institute of Cancer Research (ICR). Deadline: 17th November 2019
- Institute of Molecular Biology in Mainz, Germany: International PhD Programme in Gene Regulation, Epigenetics and Genome Stability. Deadline: 19th November 2020.
- London Institute of Medical Sciences, MRC, Deadline: 1st December 2019
- Manchester, CRUK PhD program, deadline: 1st December 2019
- Babraham Institute, Cambridge, Deadline: 3rd December 2019
- Kings College London, Wellcome Trust PhD program “Neuro-Immune Interactions”. Deadline: 4th December 2019
- Edinburgh, Wellcome Centre for Cell Biology: Cross-Disciplinary Four Year PhD Programme in Integrative Cell Mechanisms. Deadline: 11th December, 2020.
- Basel, Biozentrum PhD Fellowships Program. Deadline: 15th December 2019
- Manchester, CRUK 4 Year PhD program, Deadline: 3rd January 2020
- Berlin, Max Plank Institute for Molecular Genetics, Deadline: 3rd January 2020
- Cambridge KAUST PhD fellowships. Deadline: 5th January 2020
- Heidelberg, PhD program of the German Cancer Research Center (DKFZ), Deadline: 5th January 2020
- University College London, Molecular Cell Biology PhD Programme. Deadline: 6th January 2020.
- Exeter, Living Systems Institute (LSI) Studentships. Deadline: 6th January 2020.
- Leeds, Liverpool, Newcastle, Sheffield: “Discovery Medicine North” PhD program (MRC). Deadline: 6th January 2020.
- Leeds, Sheffield, York: “Mechanistic Biology” PhD program (BBSRC). Deadline to be clarified.
- Cambridge, Four-Year (1+3) MRes-PhD Programme in Stem Cell Biology & Medicine, Deadline: 7th January 2020
- Copenhagen Bioscience PhD programme, Deadline: 7th January, 2020
- DPhil in Oncology, University of Oxford. Deadline: 10th January, 2020
- Edinburgh, PhD projects for Quantitative Scientists at the MRC Human Genetics Unit. Deadline: 17th January 2020
- Goettingen (Germany), International Max Planck Research School for Genome Science. Deadline 12th February 2020