The list below is a summary of competitive fellowships in UK for Ph.D. students and postdocs*
*Indicated deadlines are from the previous year, check the link to see this year’s deadlines.
**Also have a look at the list of travel grants.
Postdoctoral fellowships in UK:
- EMBO Long-Term Fellowships (Start application by 8th August, submit by 12th August)
- HFSP Postdoctoral Fellowships (Start application by 11 August, submit by 25th August)
- FEBS Long-Term Fellowships (Deadline: 1st October)
- British Academy Postdoctoral Fellowships (Only for UK nationals or UK PhDs) (Deadline for Institutional Approval: 6th October)
- Sir Henry Wellcome Postdoctoral Fellowships (Preliminary application deadline: 10th October)
- Wellcom Trust Career Re-entry Fellowships (Preliminary application deadline: 10th October)
- Leverhulme Trust Research Fellowships (Deadline: 10th November). (Must be resident of UK at the time of application)
- BBSRC Returners to Research Postdoctoral Fellowship. (Application any time)
- Daphne Jackson Fellowship after a career break of 2 or more years
- Royal Commission Research Fellowships in Science and Engineering. (Deadline: 16th February)
- Royal Society Newton International Fellowship (check their site for deadlines)
- L’Oreal-UNESCO For Women In Science programme. (Deadline: 25th January)
- List of international postdoctoral fellowships maintained by Dieter Lukas.
Ph.D. Studentships in UK:
- Boehringer Ingelheim Fonds Ph.D. fellowships (deadlines 1 February, 1 June, 1 October)
- Wellcome Trust four-year PhD Programmes (Preliminary application by 8th December; full application by 27th April)
- Commonwealth Fellowship (students M.Sc. and Ph.D. students from developed and developing Commonwealth countries).
- Breast Cancer Now PhD studentship (Deadline: 1st July)
- Rosetrees Trust PhD fellwoships in medical research (deadline: 31st October)