The list below (for undergraduate students) is part of our larger database that collects funding options for undergraduate, graduate and postdoctoral research projects, as well as short-term travel grants and placement opportunities, focusing on the area of gene regulation in UK and EU.
In you want to be hosted in our lab please contact us in advance to formulate a project. If you are our student and want to go to another place for the summer also feel free to email us for an advice.
Jump to one of these sections:
Undergraduate bursaries for summer students (applicable to any lab in the UK):
- Biochemical Society Summer Vacation Studentships (deadline February 28, 2020)
- Genetics Society Summer Studentships (application deadline 31st March each year)
- Wellcome Trust Biomedical Vacation Scholarships (NB! Applications scheme changed)
- Physics of Life Summer Bursaries (application deadline to be announced)
- British Society for Cell Biology (BSCB) Summer Vacation Studentships (the project supervisor has to be a member of BSCB for at least one year before the application).
- Nuffield Research Placements for high school students (Summer holidays after Year 12 in England, Wales & Northern Ireland or S5 in Scotland).
Undergraduate summer placements in specific institutes in the UK and EU:
- Amgen Scholars Europe (EU and UK universities). Application deadline: February 3, 2020.
- CRUK Cambridge. Ten-week undergraduate summer studentship programme will run from 29 June – 5 September, 2020. Application deadline: January 6, 2020.
- Dresden, Germany: internships for BSc and MSc students, up to three months, €800 per month. Application deadline: 31 January 2020.
- The Crick Institute, London. Application deadline: February 6, 2020.
- King’s College London. Application deadline: February 17, 2020.
- MRC Laboratory of Molecular Biology in Cambridge. Application deadline: March 1, 2020
- Center for Genomic Regulation, Barcelona, Summer Internship Program for Undergraduate and Master Students. Application deadline: March 9, 2020.
- The Gurdon Institute, Cambridge. Summer Studentships in Developmental Biology sponsored by The Company of Biologists (application deadline 31st March each year).
- Helmholtz Zentrum München, Germany. Summer Internship Programme in Epigenetics, Cellular Plasticity and Stem Cells. Application deadline: February 24, 2020.
- Institute of Cancer Research, London. Summer Vacation Studentships. Contact ICR hosting lab by 26 February 2020. Submit application by 20 March 2020.
- MRC London Institute of Medical Sciences. 4–8 week research experience or working as part of the science communication team. The application deadline will be announced soon.
- The Lister Institute of Preventive Medicine Summer Studentships.
Summer schools for undergraduate students:
- Vienna BioCenter Summer School: Application deadline: 31st January
- Mainz International Summer School
Internships/placements/programs in commercial companies:
- Microsoft Research Cambridge internships
- AstraZeneca (Cambridge), Research and Development (R&D) Graduate Programme. Deadline: 12th January 2020
Essex-specific undergraduate placements:
- University of Essex Frontrunner and Frontrunner Plus studentships (internal only)
- University of Essex Undergraduate Research Opportunities Programme (internal only)
Jump to another section: